A Small Business Owner’s Guide
4 Steps to Choosing the Best IT Provider
Make the commitment. Decide that you are going to find that professional that will benefit you and your business, provide you with the solutions that you need and help you operate more efficiently, so you can sit back and focus on your business.
Do your research. Look for that IT professional that people don’t just say is sort of adequate, but the one they recommend as being the best, that takes care of them, that works with them to create the right environment for them to grow and helps them achieve personal and financial freedom. Make a list of the things you want to see from your next IT professional. What do you want them to do for you? Do you have specific needs related to networking? Do you want to stay ahead of everyone else?
Interview your providers. The best way to learn more about any potential support professional is to ask them questions. Tough questions. Look at this relationship like a team. You should be confident, trusting and excited about the prospect of truly benefiting from a business relationship like this. Here are some questions to ask during the interview:
- Will you be around the day I need you?
- Will you listen to me when I have a problem?
- Will you return my phone calls within an hour?
- Do you use a guaranteed service agreement or are you just hourly?
- Can you provide me with the help I need?
- Can you speak to me in words I can understand?
- Can you help me select the right hardware or type of networking solutions?
- How much experience have you had?
- Can you help me with web site related issues?
- What organizations are you partnered with?
- Do you provide a 100% no-risk guarantee?
Once you’re satisfied that you’ve found the right IT professional, seal the deal. Sit down with them and discuss what your goals are, work with them to establish a guaranteed service agreement. This will help you and your selected professional to define the boundaries and duties expected from them, it will include things like unlimited meetings and phone calls. This sort of agreement helps you keep the lines of communication open in your relationship. It gives you the security in knowing that there will be no unpleasant surprises as you move forward.
Finding the best IT Professional for your business is difficult at best. Once you find one, move forward. The demand for the best is always high and they usually limit the number of new clients, don’t miss your chance at having peace of mind and a smooth running infrastructure.
For more information or a free technology audit, contact me!
Thank’s for reading!